Friday, March 7, 2008

what else...

things i've been up to...
working a part time job on one of my days off and getting a lot of reading done in the middle of night.
books i've read the double by jose saramago, the wind- up bird chronicles, lies my teacher told me, nickle and dimed and i just started the brief and wondrous life of oscar wao.
also comcast gives you free movies on demand so i've watched bananas and a guide to recognizing your saints. i'm sorry, but shia labeouf... that kid can act. combine the fact that he's been arrested, misdemeanor, in chicago and his street cred just shot through the fucking roof. i'm looking forward to seeing him in the new indiana jones movie.
what else...
getting in the ring and sparring with a couple of guys and girls who are competing in the golden gloves at the end of the month. my nose still feels soft from getting punched in the face over and over again. this girl kc punches as hard as any guy and i'm just eating shots because a) i'm not very good and b) she's like million dollar baby in there without the whole quadripelgic tongue chewing off thing.
i just keep thinking to myself why the face man?
that's about it. good times, good times.

liz: why do let them punch you in the face?
me: i'm trying to break their hands with my nose.

3 comments:

Jay M. said...

God damn, I miss you boy.

TaylorStreet said...

finally, some goddamn posting! jesus h. christ.
See you Friday night!

Caleb said...

Even Stevens was terrible. I will stand by that.

Nothing feels quite like a sore face. It is soft and mushy but achy and stiff.