Friday, January 12, 2007

the big easy mac

i'm leaving tomorrow for new orleans... nah ahleans... norleans... nah-lens
the conversation i had not two minutes ago with the "camp hope" lady who answered the phone (camp hope is the place I'll be living at for two weeks and then I'll just commute to the habitat for humanity work site by car)
chlwap: camp hope
me: hey, my name is Sir Henry Oglepants I did all of this online so I was just checking, I was looking at your guys website and there's an orientation that sunday before work on monday.
chlwap: That's right, so you need to get here before five on sunday and make sure to bring an extra blanket and some warm clothes. You're probably going to need a jacket. It's kind of cold down here.
me: that's okay i'm from chicago...
chwalp: the group from Minnesota whose here is bitching about the cold... we don't have heat.


4 comments:

TaylorStreet said...

have fun in the Big Easy Lieutenant Oglepants, we eagerly await progress reports from the front.

Oliver said...

Toodly pip Henry, stiff upper lip old boy.

Unknown said...

What he said.

Unknown said...

Dude, you're already back in town and your last post says you're just leaving.