Wednesday, January 10, 2007

11 jAn 2007

I think woody allen said it best: life is full of loneliness, misery, and suffering and it's all over much too soon
act one/ scene one:
Celery was laying on the floor in the living room sucking a Peach menthol ciggarette, and bob was in the bathroom with several dried makers in the sink and his shirt up over his head. She shouted down the hallway "what are you doing in there?" Bob inspecting a red flair, looked into the mirror and began filling the dark circle that was six inches down and to the left of one his nipples. "I'm giving myself a third nipple." Turning his attention back to what was going on in the bathroom he finished up and satisfied with the results spoke to no one in particular "I am a freak. I'm damaged goods."
Celery took a cracked coffee mug and swirling the last of its contents of cough syrup and coca cola drank it in three mouthfuls. "Okay whatever, just don't be beating off in my sink- because you never rinse out the bowl and I don't want your man juice all over my fake marble counter top." Bob stumbled out of the bathroom with a fistful of markers working his stained t-shirt back over his head. "Here you go, I cleaned up with this. You might want to wash it in bleach and then burn it" throwing a yellow dishtowel in celery's direction, bob marched to the kitched and came back a few second later with a crumpled paper bag which after popping off the remaining marker’s caps with his teeth dropped into the bag and inhaled deeply. Celery curled the ends of her mouth into a smile “Here you go you little nancy you dropped this” holding up the rag “and by the way I have at least, I’d say… two std’s that you haven’t even heard of, so I’m not worried.”

The apartment was like all apartments anonymous, badly lit, smelling of over ripe bananas wrapped in wet newspapers, filled with lead paint chips. “They called it the devil’s dandruff” celery whispered to herself, pulling a white chip of the wall the size and shape of a silver dollar and popped it into her mouth. “so did you want to get something to eat?” Celery pulled herself up to a sitting position “I don’t know it sounds kind of over rated.” Bob grabbed his coat off the ground by the door and spinning around twice managed to find his keys under a pile of dirty clothes and a burnt phone book “Come on, it could be an adventure.” Celery pulled on her shoes and after tying the laces together shuffled to the door. The door closed behind them, but wasn’t locked and they walked out on to the street and into a torrential downpour, celery with her laces tied together shuffling after bob. (end scene one)

2 comments:

Caleb said...

I have at least, I’d say… two std’s that you haven’t even heard of, so I’m not worried.

Favorite line.

TaylorStreet said...

dude, you are so weird. I mean, I love you and all, but you're stretching into Andy Kaufman meets Veggie Tales meets Lou Reed's "Berlin."

Yikes.