Monday, January 19, 2009

A short play

Scene: A small office, two work desks facing each other with Joe and Bill (coworkers) sitting across from each other.

Joe: Yeah, I know right?
Bill: Wait a minute Joe... you're actually telling me that you woke up this morning and found out that while you were asleep you had time travelled, what, three to five seconds into the future. That is so weird.
Joe: I don't know. I don't know. I don't think so. I have no idea how to get back, it's like I'm existing on a whole different plane. It's okay I'll clean it up.
Bill: Do you know what happened? (Bill reaches across the desk grabbing Joe's arm) Were you exposed to any cosmic rays? Did you take any joy rides in a DeLorean? Do you know how to get back??? (Bill throws his arms in the air in exasperation knocking over Joe's coffee mug of pens and pencils.)
Bill: I'm sorry about the mess Joe but, this is so weird.
Joe: What!?!? (Joe jumps up from his desk) What are you going to do with that hook??? No, you bastard!
Bill: What is it Joe? What do you see in the immediate future?
(Enter blood thirty pirate with hook for a hand, the pirate walks up directly behind Bill and raises the hook slowly above his head).
Joe: Fuck you, you blood thirsty pirate. I'll get you, Bill!!!!!!!! (Joe shakes his clenched hands in the air).
Bill: What? Joe, what is it??? What do you see? (pause)
(Pirate sinks hook into Bill's back)
Bill: Ackkk
and scene...

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Can the company Joe and Bill work for be named "Swashbucklers, Inc." or "Bluebeard, Drake, & Blythe"?