Thursday, April 5, 2007

classic peanuts, or... hey charlie brown fuck you

(old sir henry oglepants, from my journal... which does make the saddest sort of friend)
10-12 june 2003
i sort of drifted through the city of sydney my first day in a a caffeine and nicotine haze. I've started planning in my head a trip toward queensland where i can pick bananas or trawl for fish in cairns. random unsubstantial conversations with complete strangers as i wandered around darling harbor, the rocks, and circular quay. i sat around, smoked, watching the people move around the city.
"it was all beautifully similar to everywhere else i've been."
-and for travelling alone... well... if that's way it's going to be. fuck it. that's the way it is.
I smiled and waved and the tiny girl giggled and buried her head in her mother's shirt and i was out the elevator door without a glance back...

3 comments:

TaylorStreet said...

"oh, man, I'm sooo existential. . . .I think I'll go read some Camus, but only in the original french, and then eat bread crumbs and cry". . .

Caleb said...

I want to see the journal entry you made the day of or the day after you got dragged pantsless from a truck in the middle of Australia.

Oliver said...

Is Colin saying you're pretentious?